"One Week in Argentina" Argentina by AlettaCrofton
Argentina Travel Guide: 10,493 reviews and 25,195 photos
It was my sister in law who suggested that Mervyn and I go to Argentina for a week. She explained that the flight was direct, from Cape Town to Buenos Aires and that the city itself was reasonably easy to get around in.
We did not need further encouragement. We booked, went and enjoyed it tremendously. We only stayed in the city itself, although there are lovely day-excursions one could take.
A half day city tour was included in our travel package for which we were thankful, because it orientates the first time visitor to this city.
We stayed at the Waldorf hotel which is one minute's walk to the popular Florida Street. Staff at this hotel were warm and friendly and we felt absolutely at home. The daily continental breakfast with freshly bake croissants every morning just could not get any better!
We spent about three days exploring Florida Street as well as some of the side streets.
Getting around in the city is so easy with all the metered taxis that drive up and down looking for customers. We caught taxis to markets, to the zoo, to a museum and to the city centre.
We walked through the beautiful St Martin Park where pink flowers fell from the trees to form a pink 'carpet' on the ground.
Florida Street is one of the most entertaining streets that I have ever walked! There are entertainers day and night, trying to get the attention of tourists. From tango dancers, to musicians to mime artists.
We often had coffee at the Florida Garden where we made friends with Daniel, one of the waiters. Daniel could not speak any English, but always took care of us. We were amazed to see these tiny cups of strong coffee that the locals drink, along with a glass of water. We had to ask for 'coffee americano' to get the coffee that we are used to 'with hot milk' - must seem strange to them!3
- Pros:Safe, interesting city with friendly people.
- Cons:Florida Street is full of youngsters that try and drag customers into leather shops!
- In a nutshell:Buenos Aires is a captivating city and I would love to return one day.
The Salad Bar makes a nice change from all the rich delacacies usually consumed on holidays. At this salad bar one can... more travel advice
The Waldorf is homely with friendly staff. The continental breakfast is delicious with freshly baked crossaints every... more travel advice
AlettaCrofton's Related Pages
Argentina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Un gusto de la Argentina"
- "Argentina we love you !!"
- "Endless Hope"
- "The road less traveled"
- "Argentina - Land of Passion"
- "Argentina and its passions"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Argentina
- Hotels in Argentina
- Transportation in Argentina
- Nightlife in Argentina
- Restaurants in Argentina
- Shopping in Argentina
- Warnings and Dangers in Argentina
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Argentina
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Argentina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Argentina
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Helena Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos
- Nepal Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- India Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (7)
Top Argentina hotels
- Buenos Aires Hotels
- 4779 Reviews - 8899 Photos
- Ushuaia Hotels
- 410 Reviews - 1141 Photos
- Puerto Iguazú Hotels
- 213 Reviews - 608 Photos
- El Calafate Hotels
- 292 Reviews - 750 Photos
- Mendoza Hotels
- 396 Reviews - 1034 Photos
- Lago Espejo Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Salta Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 448 Photos
- San Carlos de Bariloche Hotels
- 285 Reviews - 685 Photos
- Cafayate Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 160 Photos
- Tilcara Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 90 Photos
- Puerto Blest Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Purmamarca Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 95 Photos
- Puerto Madryn Hotels
- 117 Reviews - 326 Photos
- Villa Carlos Paz Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 20 Photos
- San Miguel de Tucumán Hotels
- 37 Reviews - 112 Photos