"Amazing holidays in Ierapetra" Ierapetra by Oana_bic
Ierapetra Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 43 photos
The largest town in southern Crete, the sunniest & southernmost town facing the African coast in Europe…Here tourism is still low key and extremely laid back.
The city is built on the longest beach in Crete, offering an endless choice of golden beaches with deep crystal blue waters, far away from industrial areas and ships passing by…All major beaches of Ierapetra are awarded with the European Committee’s BLUE FLAGS each single year.
pics shortly coming
You wouldn’t say at first glance, but Ierapetra has the highest income per capita in Greece. The source of this is not tourism and the beautiful unspoiled beaches but …tomatoes and other vegetables and fruits, grown in thousand of greenhouses you can see all over the area, high-quality and highly-priced vegetables, exported through out the whole world. Besides the greenhouses, the virgin beaches and tropical heat all year long (migrant birds do not leave for Africa, as in the rest of Greece), this southernmost town of Europe has a strange, quiet charm of a new society which has to define it’s rules, though it’s history goes as back in the past as in the rest of Crete.
Oana_bic's Related Pages
Ierapetra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amazing holidays in Ierapetra"
- "South of crete have amazing colors !"
- "Ierapetra Link To Chrissi Island"
- "Hot Ierapetra"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ierapetra
- Hotels in Ierapetra
- Nightlife in Ierapetra
- Restaurants in Ierapetra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ierapetra
- 20 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Ierapetra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ierapetra
Photos in IerapetraSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 47 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Tibet Intro, 29 reviews, 89 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Havana Intro, 25 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 17 reviews, 64 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues