"Bethlehem - little town in Palestine" Top 5 Page for this destination Bethlehem by Oana_bic
Bethlehem Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 483 photos
Birthplace of Jesus, traditional site of Rachel's tomb (which is an important holy site in Judaism), Bethlehem is a central hub of Palestinian cultural and tourism industries.
Interesting to note that Bethlehem means in arab the house of meat while in standard hebrew house of bread.
The city used to be inhabited by one of the oldest Christian communities but now has a Muslim majority, its Christian minority's emigration having accelerated in recent years due to political and economic factors.
10 km south of Jerusalem, standing at an elevation of about 765 m above the sea, about 30 m higher than Jerusalem.
- Pros:Religious/historical major sites
- Cons:Serious safety concerns
The city feels surrealistic and out of civilised rationale world..despite the warm welcoming few locals that we have... more travel advice
The street heading east from Manger Square along the south side of the Church of the Nativity leads to the Milk Grotto... more travel advice
Oana_bic's Related Pages
Bethlehem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Oh Little Town of Bethlehem...""
- "Bethlehem - little town in Palestine"
- "Behind the walls...."
- "Christmas in Bethlehem"
- "on the other side of the wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bethlehem
- Hotels in Bethlehem
- Transportation in Bethlehem
- Restaurants in Bethlehem
- Shopping in Bethlehem
- Warnings and Dangers in Bethlehem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bethlehem
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bethlehem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bethlehem
Photos in BethlehemSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 47 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Tibet Intro, 29 reviews, 89 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Havana Intro, 25 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 17 reviews, 64 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues