"Summer in Lille" Lille by Oana_bic
Lille Travel Guide: 423 reviews and 1,095 photos
One hour from Paris, close enough to Belgium to go clubbing, Lille is small & lovely, theres plenty of history, brilliant beer & mussels.
I spent in Lille 3 months summer time - the most quiet period for the city due to students holidays.
A full tour should cover:
- the Citadel, as one of the best examples of the military architecture
- La Vieille Bourse (the old stock exchange building), a remmant of the Spanish occupation, combined with French and Flemish style
- The Grand Place, a highlight of the Lille and its Goddess, a symbol of the resistance against the Austrians
- Porte de Paris (Paris gate)
- Monnaie Street, where coins were made.
- Palais Rihour, old living place of the Dukes of Burgundy
La vieille bourse - the old stock exchange great place to trace and buy ancient books specially during la Braderie. more travel advice
Leave your first weekend of September free... that's when Lille holds its famous Braderie, a huge outdoor trade fair... more travel advice
Oana_bic's Related Pages
Lille Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weekend in Lille"
- "Lucia in Lille"
- "Lille, Capital of French Flandres"
- "European City of Culture 2004"
- "Lille, city of Flanders !"
- "Summer in Lille"
- "A cultural bath in Lille-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lille
- Hotels in Lille
- Transportation in Lille
- Nightlife in Lille
- Restaurants in Lille
- Shopping in Lille
- Warnings and Dangers in Lille
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lille
- 14 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Lille?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lille
Photos in LilleSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 47 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Tibet Intro, 29 reviews, 89 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Havana Intro, 25 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 17 reviews, 64 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues