"Exotic Morocco" Morocco by JessieLang
Morocco Travel Guide: 10,298 reviews and 29,394 photos
Morocco is a fascinating country with an incredible variety of terrain, cultures, sights and sounds. From the Sahara to the High Atlas, from lush valleys and date palms to steep canyons, from modern cities to ancient medinas and Roman ruins, from palaces to nomad tents, Morocco has it all.
The tour began in Casablanca and Essaouira for some of us, and I’m very glad I did that part. After Essaouira, we went back to Casablanca to pick up the part of the group that didn’t come early, and headed for Rabat. Our route was roughly a circle: Casablanca—Rabat—Meknes—Fes—Midelt—Er-Rashidia—Erfoud—into the desert south of Rissani—Tinerhir—Quarzazat—Marrakech—Casablanca.
We had an incredible 2 nights in the Sahara at a private campsite, a cooking lesson (chicken tagine with lemons and olives) and a chance to visit with local people in their homes in various locations.
(See travelogues for more photos)
- Pros:The variety of experiences
- Cons:Moroccan flies are not an endangered species!
- In a nutshell:Unforgettable!
The semi-nomads move every 6 months. They live in a house in the mountains for 6 months of the year, and spend the other... more travel advice
Adobe construction in Morocco isn’t the same as other places I’ve been. Instead of making mud/straw bricks and then... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "A day of wandering during Ramadan 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 45 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues