"Exotic Morocco" Morocco by JessieLang

Morocco Travel Guide: 10,298 reviews and 29,394 photos

Morocco is a fascinating country with an incredible variety of terrain, cultures, sights and sounds. From the Sahara to the High Atlas, from lush valleys and date palms to steep canyons, from modern cities to ancient medinas and Roman ruins, from palaces to nomad tents, Morocco has it all.

The tour began in Casablanca and Essaouira for some of us, and I’m very glad I did that part. After Essaouira, we went back to Casablanca to pick up the part of the group that didn’t come early, and headed for Rabat. Our route was roughly a circle: Casablanca—Rabat—Meknes—Fes—Midelt—Er-Rashidia—Erfoud—into the desert south of Rissani—Tinerhir—Quarzazat—Marrakech—Casablanca.

We had an incredible 2 nights in the Sahara at a private campsite, a cooking lesson (chicken tagine with lemons and olives) and a chance to visit with local people in their homes in various locations.

(See travelogues for more photos)

• Pros:The variety of experiences
  • Cons:Moroccan flies are not an endangered species!
  • In a nutshell:Unforgettable!
  • Last visit to Morocco: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2011

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2014 at 9:30 PM

oh sweetie camel shot...missing Morocco and the desert and the wonder of it all...miss my regular sweet people - as for camping in the desert i had a boyfriend for 18 months that was better than a boyscout lol - we camped in the desert every night when visiting his family in town during the day, drove around the desert and dunes in my car each time lol...whether we got stuck or not didnt stop having a go, and we did amazing 4x4 and piste roads out in the mountains and remote areas in my car lol...camped out beside lakes, stayed in friends riads and cousin of the king a few times, and a friends mum who lived in a shanty town.. now re the 4 year + bf i probably have to concentrate on being constructive with my life and future back on track rather than just having adventures and photographing left right and centre!

• JessieLang's Profile Photo
      Jul 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Yes, I loved that camel's face! It's easier to have adventures when you are young, so don't regret them. I didn't get to do much until I was already old, and now I'm racing the clock to do a few more things before I fall apart. What does being constructive mean to you? (And does it involve the bf?) Answer only if you want to--I'm a pretty good listener.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Excellent tips on Morocco. SL :)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Wow Jessie! What an experience! I just love your story and pictures! Can't wait to go in September! Cheers, Ann.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Isn't camping in the Sahara an amazing experience? I've done it in Libya and loved it. leyle

JessieLang

“"Not all who wander are lost" (but I probably am)”

Badges & Stats in Morocco

Have you been to Morocco?

Latest Activity in Morocco