"Torshavn" Tórshavn by JessieLang
Tórshavn Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 339 photos
There are 18 islands in the Faroes; 17 of them inhabited. Torshavn is the capital and the largest city (19,000 people.) Sheep are important, and there are almost as many sheep as there are people in the Islands.
Torshavn was founded in the 10th Century, and may be the oldest capital in Europe.
- Pros:colorful and historic
- Cons:Pretty cool climate
- In a nutshell:Fishing village with a long history
Walk around downtown and look at the public art--sculptures, fountains, etc. more travel advice
This wooden farmhouse was built in the 11th Century — the same family has occupied it since 1550, and the 17th... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Tórshavn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Little Capital City That Could"
- "Tórshavn - Europes Forgotten Capital"
- "Torshavn - Capital of the Faroe Islands"
- "At last, I have managed to get to the Færoes"
- "A lovely place, with very unpredicable weather."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tórshavn
- Hotels in Tórshavn
- Transportation in Tórshavn
- Restaurants in Tórshavn
- Shopping in Tórshavn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tórshavn
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Tórshavn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tórshavn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues