"Brasov" Brasov by JessieLang
Brasov Travel Guide: 664 reviews and 1,825 photos
I love their slogan!
Brasov was settled in the 11th Century. When the population of the area declined, Hungary (the rulers then) brought in settlers, mostly Germans, to build 7 fortified towns, and Brasov was the most important of them. (Many of the Germans left during the communist times.) Part of the old walls, and several gates, are still here.
Brasov is now a city of 280,000, and it is a university town.
- Pros:Lovely medieval town
- In a nutshell:Enjoyable itself, and a good base to explore the area
Walk along Muresenilor Street and around Council Square, and just look at the buildings. more travel advice
Part of the old City Hall dates from 1420, but like many of these old buildings, it was added onto and rebuilt over the... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Brasov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brasov - The heart of Transylvania"
- "Brasov / Kronstadt"
- "Buna ziua, Brasov!"
- "We can't stop here. This is bear country."
- "Braşov - Heart of Transylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brasov
- Hotels in Brasov
- Transportation in Brasov
- Nightlife in Brasov
- Restaurants in Brasov
- Shopping in Brasov
- Warnings and Dangers in Brasov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brasov
- 7 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Brasov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brasov
Photos in BrasovSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues