"Patmos" Patmos Island by JessieLang
Patmos Island Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 323 photos
Patmos is a small, rocky island with 3 villages and a total population of about 2,500. Skala is the main port and the commercial center of the island.
Chora is the site of the Monastery of St. John, and the location of the cave where he wrote the Book of Revelations. The Sacred Grotto is now built into the Monastery of the Apocalypse.
There is a tourist office on Chora, but it was closed. I visited the nearby Orthodox Cultural and Information Center, which didn?t seem to actually offer any information, but it was a beautiful church
- Pros:Pleasant small town
JessieLang's Related Pages
Patmos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the island of the Revelation!"
- "Patmos ? the holy island of my wife's ancestors"
- "Patmos, the sacred island"
- "Patmos - I remember when Greece was like this!"
- "Patmos is Bliss"
- "Island of Patmos - ÍÞóïò ÐÜôìïò"
- "The Island of the Apocalypses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Patmos Island
- Hotels in Patmos Island
- Transportation in Patmos Island
- Nightlife in Patmos Island
- Restaurants in Patmos Island
- Shopping in Patmos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Patmos Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Patmos Island
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Patmos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Patmos Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues