"Arbanasi" Arbanasi by JessieLang
Arbanasi Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 76 photos
Arbanassi was founded in the 1500s. The first settlers were Greek, but the town’s name is Albanian. The Ottoman sultan gave the town to his vizier, Rustem Pasha, and exempted it from taxes. It was rich then, but eventually fell on hard times. It is now a small residential community outside Veliko Turnovo.
- In a nutshell:A look at the past
The Arbanassi Palace Hotel was formerly a presidential palace. It's worth a quick stop or a cup of coffee. The building... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Arbanasi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The hidden rural beauty of Arbanasi"
- "Ancient village of Arbanassi"
- "Arbanassi-the old paradise"
- "Arbanasi - an ancient hillside settlement"
- "Arbanasi, a small village."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arbanasi
- Hotels in Arbanasi
- Transportation in Arbanasi
- Nightlife in Arbanasi
- Restaurants in Arbanasi
- Shopping in Arbanasi
- Warnings and Dangers in Arbanasi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Arbanasi
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Arbanasi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arbanasi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 47 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues