"Greenock" Greenock by JessieLang
Greenock Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 57 photos
Greenock is the cruise port for visiting Glasgow or Edinburgh, but it has something to offer visitors as well. Volunteers were giving free tours of their town on the day we were there.
Greenock was famous for shipbuilding and sugar refining. James Watt was born in Greenock, and they have a connection to Robert Burns through Highland Mary.
Greenock was the main entry point for troops and supplies from North America during WWII because it has a good harbor.
- Pros:Some interesting history here
- In a nutshell:Friendly and welcoming
In 1925, a shipbuilding company with expansion plans needed the waterfront land where the Old West Kirk (1591) was... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Greenock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greenock - Seafaring Tradition"
- "Rons Greenock page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greenock
- Hotels in Greenock
- Transportation in Greenock
- Nightlife in Greenock
- Restaurants in Greenock
- Shopping in Greenock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greenock
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Greenock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greenock
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 47 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues