"Ilha do Faial" Ilha do Faial by JessieLang
Ilha do Faial Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 33 photos
Faial is only a little bigger than Flores, but it has 3 times the population—probably because it is easier to get to.
One interesting feature of Faial—a majority of the houses in the small towns are painted pale orange or pale yellow, with a few other colors including pink mixed in. On most of the islands, almost all of the houses are white with orange tile roofs. It seems to be custom rather than any sort of building code.
- Pros:Good museums (volcanic activity and whaling)
- In a nutshell:Picturesque and interesting
This Whaling Factory opened in 1943, and operated until 1974. During its 30 years, the Factory processed 1,940 whales,... more travel advice
Capelinhos, an underwater volcano near the coast, erupted in 1957-58, and it added 2 sq. kilometers of land (rock and... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Ilha do Faial Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ilha do Faial"
- "Horta Town - Marina"
- "A safe harbour in the middle of the Atlantic"
- "FAIAL island"
- "Faial Of Beautiful Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha do Faial
- Hotels in Ilha do Faial
- Transportation in Ilha do Faial
- Restaurants in Ilha do Faial
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha do Faial
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Ilha do Faial?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha do Faial
Photos in Ilha do FaialSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 47 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues