"Cuba" Cuba by JessieLang
Cuba Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 44 photos
Cuba is green from the air—a green jewel surrounded by blue water. It is green in every shade, with a few patches of brown earth where the land has been prepared for planting.
Cuba is still beautiful, but it is easy to see that life is hard there. A lot of the green seen from above is tangled wild vegetation rather than crops, and Cuba imports food. The architecture is lovely, but falling into disrepair. People are poor, and their freedom is restricted.
- Pros:People, rich history, architecture
- Cons:Big brother, repression
- In a nutshell:Hoping for a better future
There is a rationing system for staple food. Everybody gets the same amount, and the cost is subsidized by the... more travel advice
The usual U.S. customs rules and allowances don't apply to travel in Cuba. The embargo forbids bringing back Cuban goods... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Cuba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cayo Largo"
- "Cubita la bella"
- "CUBA - HAVANA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cuba
- Hotels in Cuba
- Transportation in Cuba
- Warnings and Dangers in Cuba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cuba
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Cuba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cuba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 47 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues