"OLLANTAYTAMBO" Top 5 Page for this destination Ollantaitambo by JessieLang
Ollantaitambo Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 177 photos
Ollantaytambo has been continuously inhabited since Inca times, and a number of the houses in the old part of town were built then. Owners of these historic houses can’t alter anything that is original, so it still looks like an Inca town. Some of the old houses are now B&Bs or gift shops and can be visited, but some are still lived in as homes.
- In a nutshell:Living history
The Ollantaytambo ruins are not far from the town. The sun temple there was being constructed of pink granite, but it... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Ollantaitambo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On not taking the easy way: The Sacred Valley"
- "El Valle Sagrado"
- "The end of the Sacred Valley"
- "a surviving example of an inca grid system!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ollantaitambo
- Hotels in Ollantaitambo
- Transportation in Ollantaitambo
- Nightlife in Ollantaitambo
- Restaurants in Ollantaitambo
- Shopping in Ollantaitambo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ollantaitambo
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Ollantaitambo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ollantaitambo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 47 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues