"Puno" Puno by JessieLang
Puno Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 496 photos
Puno (150,000) is the largest city on Lake Titicaca. Present-day Puno was established in 1668 by the Spanish viceroy, but the Aymara were here many centuries earlier. Puno began in the small area between the lake and the mountains, but expansion has gone up the slopes. The city is the “border” between Quechua speakers and those who speak Aymara, and most residents are trilingual.
Puno is known as “the folklore capital of Peru” for its music, dance and folklore traditions.
Acora has a big Sunday market, and the local people may travel 3-4 hours to reach it. The Uros people are here selling... more travel advice
The reeds’ roots are like cork, and they form the base of the island. By February, huge clumps of roots float to the... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Puno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puno, the gate of Titicaca"
- "Puno: City By Lake Titicaca"
- "The Night Before Puno"
- "Lake Titicacca and Puno"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puno
- Hotels in Puno
- Transportation in Puno
- Restaurants in Puno
- Shopping in Puno
- Warnings and Dangers in Puno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puno
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Puno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puno
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 47 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues