"Cartagena" Cartagena by JessieLang
Cartagena Travel Guide: 564 reviews and 1,584 photos
Cartagena is a beautiful walled city, dating from 1533. The walls, and the old city inside them, are well preserved. There are many examples of colonial architecture, as well as the republican style that followed it. The city is on the Caribbean, and only a few feet above sea level. The population is now over 1,000,000, with most of it outside the walls.
The city was constantly attacked by pirates, and massive fortresses were built to protect it.
- Pros:architecture and charm
- In a nutshell:I love this city!
As you walk around Cartagena, you will see lots of art--not just the usual statues in the parks and plazas, although... more travel advice
Chivas are party buses. Groups of people hire the bus and driver, and sometimes a band, and it’s a mobile party. It may... more travel advice
JessieLang's Related Pages
Cartagena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Love in the time of Cartagena"
- "Cartagena de Indias"
- "Cartagenita linda"
- "Cartagena de las Indias"
- "CARTAGENA DE INDIAS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cartagena
- Hotels in Cartagena
- Transportation in Cartagena
- Nightlife in Cartagena
- Restaurants in Cartagena
- Shopping in Cartagena
- Warnings and Dangers in Cartagena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cartagena
- 14 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Cartagena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cartagena
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spokane Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 53 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 5 reviews, 72 photos, 9 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Cusco Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Departamento de Loreto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues