"Hanoi Inside Info" Hanoi by pez
Hanoi Travel Guide: 2,853 reviews and 6,342 photos
I really enjoy it here. This really is one of the most beautiful cities I've visited in Asia.
The people here are more reserved. You'll see a lot of men wearing green pith helmets made of compressed paper. The women in Hanoi are quite stunning, though don't wear ao dai (traditional outfits) as much as they do in Saigon.
In general things are less accessible to the tourist in Hanoi than Saigon, but that is changing.
Trees are everywhere. Lakes, too. Traffic is more chaotic, though at about 10PM the streets are almost abandoned. Hanoi is early to bed, early to rise: at 5AM walk around Hoan Kiem lake and you'll see thousands of people exercising.
I do my best to explore what this city has to offer. If you need any advice, or any topics covered that you don't see here, please feel free to e-mail me here at VT.
Everybody who has visited me understands now why I live here.
And every last vistor wants to return.
- Pros:Beautiful, good food, sometimes great weather, very Vietnam
- Cons:Somewhat backwards, often too humid, sometimes polluted
- In a nutshell:A real adventure.
Hoan Kiem Lake means "Lake of the Restored Sword" --in the 15th century, legend has it that a young fisherman named Le... more travel advice
Bamboo and wood tranquil interior on a busy street corner, serves good coffee, sandwiches, and other western... more travel advice
Written Sep 23, 2003
Nha Tho Street, Hanoi
Written Apr 11, 2002
Halong Bay Pez Page
pez's Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 40 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (40)
Top 5 Pages
- Hanoi Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quan Lan Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Malibu 1 review, 1 photo