"My Asia..." Asia by Yiannis2000
Asia Travel Guide: 277,877 reviews and 773,774 photos
...This continent has so much to offer to anyone.
I have to concetrate to the place that has stolen my heart, East Timor, the world's newest nation.
For more on that, check:
You can help prevent children from being sexually exploited
For most of us, travelling abroad means 'having a break and relaxing in the sun’. Sadly for a small minority, it also means an opportunity for sexual activities with children.
• These children are usually aged between 13 to 18.
• Most of those involved don't sell themselves out of free will, but are forced to do so. This exploitation can cause severe trauma with a high risk of catching a venereal disease or AIDS.
• They work in bars, clubs and restaurants, at the beach, in the streets and even in the vicinity of the hotel.
What you can do
The sexual exploitation of a child is an international crime (UN Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989). Britons can be prosecuted both abroad and in the UK for sexually abusing a child.
• see anyone you think is involved in the sexual exploitation of a young person
• are approached by anyone asking if you would be interested in a sexual relationship with a young person
Report it to your Thomson Representative
Thomson Reps will handle the matter in confidence, referring it to the appropriate authorities.
In addition you can call Crimestoppers when you return to the UK on: 0800 555 111
your call is free, you do not have to give your name, you may receive a reward.
Thomson has co-operated with the World Tourism Organisation to produce the Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism. For more information contact ECPAT UK at email@example.com
The hotel in which you are staying also supports this initiative.
The code is supported by tourism organisations world-wide who want to take action to protect children from sexual abuse.
Yiannis2000's Related Pages
Asia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WELCOME TO ASIA"
- "Trawlling the memory banks"
- "Truly Asia"
- "THE CONTINENT OF BLUE WATER"
- "Colorful Asia"
- "SOUTH EAST ASIA"
- "A S I A"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asia
- Hotels in Asia
- Transportation in Asia
- Nightlife in Asia
- Restaurants in Asia
- Shopping in Asia
- Warnings and Dangers in Asia
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asia
- 32 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Asia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 39 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 6 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katerini Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Odessa Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kerch Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgrade Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues