"Dili, from colonial capital to ???" Dili by Yiannis2000
Dili Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 55 photos
It hard to say how Dili will develop after its destruction in 1999 and formal independence in 2002. U.N administration days are over, most foreigners left as well so the Timorese have to struggle now hoping to achieve decolonization...
I choose to be optimistic, I hope everything will be fine, I want to move over there afew years later!
... many of them, are already based in East Timor and working for local and international organisations there!
"Hanesan inan nebe hahoris, fo susu no hakiak nia to boot triste ho tanis, maibe hanesan inan Timor ida, hau hatene tanba saida maka nia mate. Nia mate hanesan ema Timor oan ida maka hakarak fo buat ruma ba nia rai. Hau la triste..."
Yes, Timor Leste has its own Post office in Dili, but there is still limited delivery of the items arriving. People/... more travel advice
Yiannis2000's Related Pages
Dili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "With the Pope on one side and Christ on the other"
- "Contrasts in Dili"
- "Dili, from colonial capital to ???"
- "Capital of a reborn nation, left with many scars"
- "Dili Dallying"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dili
- Hotels in Dili
- Transportation in Dili
- Restaurants in Dili
- Shopping in Dili
- Warnings and Dangers in Dili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dili
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Dili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thessaloniki Intro, 39 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 6 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katerini Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Odessa Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kerch Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgrade Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues