"NYON" Top 5 Page for this destination Nyon by Pinat

Nyon Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 40 photos

MY 2009 SWISS DISCOVERY:)

It was gonna be my second time in Switzerland when I received an invitation for an investment conference at the beginning of this year. The conference was going to be in Montreux and I was going to arrive in Geneva. I'd seen these cities in 2008 and I was looking for something new. Thanks God, it was my very first week in VT and thanks to guidance of Toshio, I went to Nyon:)

It was very easy to get to Nyon from Geneva by train. It is another picturesque Swiss city by the side of Lac Leman. It is not a busy place. I was there on a warm and cloudy Sunday afternoon and the lake side was crowded by locals and their kids and pets. I was also planning to take a boat trip to Yvoire but in May the boats are not frequent and I had to wait a lot. I was told that between June and August, it is much easier to find a boat. So if you're planning a trip to Nyon and Yvoire, keep that in mind!

• Pros:So easy to reach!
  • Cons:I didn't stay that long to find any:)
  • In a nutshell:A place where you can listen to yourself...
  • Last visit to Nyon: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Jul 4, 2009

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM

Thanks for the tour. Will be in Switzweland September and seeking small villages etc away from the city.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2009 at 7:04 AM

switzerland is really a wonderful country

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Interesting name. Nyon is Nylon without the "l".

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM

La duche Gardens look great --- this was a nice place to have a meeting! I haven't visited Switzerland yet, but definitely on my wishlist...

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2009 at 3:44 AM

Pinar, thanks for your comment on my homepage. I am glad to hear that you like VT. Lovely page about Nyon here, I once was there for about 1,5 hours.

Pinat

“Be the change you want to see in the world!”

Badges & Stats in Nyon