Famagusta Transportation Tips by Pinat Top 5 Page for this destination
Famagusta Transportation: 7 reviews and 2 photos
The most convenient way to come to Famagusta is by air. Once you land in Ercan Airport, you can take a shuttle directly to Famagusta. The name of the shuttle company is KIBHAS. It takes almost an hour to reach Famagusta and it costs10 TL/person.
If you are travelling as a family/group, I wouldn't suggest to use Kibhas though. I have given the timetable below but they don't really stick well with the timetable. Plus, I have no idea how they fixed the timing because they never matched with my arrival or departure times. If you are travelling as a family/group, you can rent a car or just take a taxi. For the taxi, you should pay something around 50-60 TL (Make sure you fix the price before you start your journey).
In case you feel like using Kibhas to go from Ercan Airport to Famagusta, here is the timetable:
Departs Ercan: 09:30 - 12:00 - 16:30 - 19:30 - 23:45
Departs Famagusta: 05:00 - 09:00 - 13:30 - 16:30 - 18:30
The public transportation does not exist in Famagusta. You either walk or take a taxi or rent a car. The taxis generally fix the prices in Famagusta. It is better to talk with your hotel receptionist or the owner of any local store to learn the current taxi fare fixing for the city. It is not written anywhere but it is fixed. In August 2011 for any travel within Famagusta, the fare was fixed at 7 TL. When the taxi driver notices you are not a local, he can behave as if he is unaware of the fixing and may try to fully charge you. In such a case, feel free to pay 7 TL and leave the car.
Type: Car/Motor Home
If you don't have a rental car and you want to go to Nicosia or Kyrenia from Famagusta, you can take a bus. The buses are run by a company called "Itimat". They don't have fixed timetables so you should go to their office or call them before you plan your trip to Nicosia or Kyrenia.
Other Contact: Address: 15 Agustos Boulevard, F
Phone: +90 392 366 21 55
Although there is a shuttle service between Ercan Airport and Famagusta, taking a taxi right away is more convenient (in case you don't want to rent a car directly). It roughly takes an hour to reach Famagusta and be sure that the taxi is overcharging you if you are asked to pay more than 60 TL. To avoid this, the best way is to fix the price with the taxi driver before you get in the taxi and start your journey.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (19)
- Ooops! Not a castle!
- See All St. George Church
- Incirli Cave
- Official Holidays
Pinat's Related Pages
Famagusta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Famagusta (Gazimagusa)"
- " Famagusta, a City of Unique Cultural Blend "
- "CHARMING GAZIMAGUSA (FAMAGUSTA)"
- "Not just a university town"
- "Gazimagusa....ancient town of churches."
- "Famagusta memories."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Famagusta
- Hotels in Famagusta
- Transportation in Famagusta
- Restaurants in Famagusta
- Shopping in Famagusta
- See All...
Explore the World
- Prefecture of Chania Hotels
- Vacaville Hotels
- Hradec Kralove
- Wimp Hotels
- Mojokerto Hotels
Badges & Stats in Famagusta
- 23 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Famagusta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Famagusta
Photos in FamagustaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sivas Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokat Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Famagusta Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ancona Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friuli-Venezia Giulia Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasra Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Kastamonu Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
Latest Famagusta hotel reviews