"MY ONE AND ONLY AUSTRIAN DISCOVERY" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Gilgen by Pinat

Sankt Gilgen Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 112 photos

SUCH A PICTURESQUE VILLAGE

St. Gilgen was the first village/town for me in three aspects. First, it was the place where I finally met one of my penfriends, Carmen after more than 10 years of writing. I was so excited before I got there. Second, I was going there from Munich and it was the first (and remains only) Austrian town I'd see. I was sure to notice the border but I couldn't:) Lastly, it was the first picturesque town I'd seen in my life. It was later on I've been to places like Bled or Montreux but St. Gilgen is the first:)

I haven't been to Austria since my visit to St. Gilgen in 2005 but I'm dying to go back and hope to do it for the pre-EuroMeet in 2010.

I just spent a weekend there and honestly I spent most of time talking with Carmen but still Carmen and her father were so kind to show me around. Now, I'll try to share what I captured.

• Pros:So green, so beautiful...
  • Cons:Rain in August... It's not sth I'm used to!
  • In a nutshell:The place I met my old penfriend, Carmen:)
  • Last visit to Sankt Gilgen: Aug 2005
  • Intro Written Jul 7, 2009

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2009 at 2:30 PM

This place looks just like a postcard - I have relos in Austria somewhere - maybe I should pay them a visit :)

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Hi Pinar, nice town St. Aegidius in Austria. I ahve nver been here. I did not know this town is so much connected with Mozart. Have a good day! I am today in Lithuania's capital, Vilnius.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Austria is on my list of places to visit as well. Thanks for the little "taste" of its beauty.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Nice new Austrian pages...hey did you taste Mozart's balls??? It sounds nasty but it is actually a chocolate ball...very good...I should make a tip on it, hehehe...Norman :)

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Yes, Austria is pretty. Maybe too pretty.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Great tips, bring back good memories of my visit to this wonderful country! Also thanks for visiting my VT page :)

Pinat

“Be the change you want to see in the world!”

Badges & Stats in Sankt Gilgen

Have you been to Sankt Gilgen?

Latest Activity in Sankt Gilgen