"FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Friuli-Venezia Giulia by Pinat

Friuli-Venezia Giulia Travel Guide: 1,414 reviews and 3,754 photos

SUCH A WARM HOST YOU ARE!

When I applied for an MBA in Italy, my sole aim was to go to there, anywhere was OK for me. I was happy to find the scholarship in Trieste, I didn't even look where it was located before I accepted the offer. In September 2005 I arrived in Trieste. I had one of the best years of my life, made one of the bestfriends of my life, had one of the best parties in my life, tasted one of the best wine in my life (though I'm not an expert:), and wandered around and around and around...

My budget was tight; my school was eager to promote the region (as they had many local sponsors for their master programmes); we had some local students in the class and the regionale train tickets were so cheap so eventually I ended up visiting many bits of this beautiful region, which I'll try to share here so let's get started:)

• Pros:A place for travellers: Not many tourists!
  • Cons:A problem of logistics maybe?!?
  • In a nutshell:It made me a boomerang: I keep returning:)
  • Last visit to Friuli-Venezia Giulia: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2009

• pelfad's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM

We plan to visit for 7-10 days this summer doing a home exchange. Any tips on which part of the city to stay in? We have been offered something close to the university.

• Andreja86's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2011 at 6:24 AM

Thank you a lot! You gave me a really good vacation :)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 2:13 AM

What a personable, passionate presentation. It's obvious that you loved your time here. Love to read and see "little-known places", especially in Italy. We certainly share a love of this great country.

• geohart's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2009 at 5:26 PM

and what's wrong with a place where "old people" gather?

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Great page here. Nice to know you studied in Italy. Ciao.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2009 at 7:22 AM

A great page written with soul Pinar! A joy to read and you make me eager to visit more of this relatively unknown region. (I didn't get much further then a quick visit to Trieste and Muggia). Spilimbergo sounds great, and it's now on the wishlist! :-))

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM

A really good intro to this little know region. Welcome to VT. We spent a few days in Trieste and fell in love with it.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I don't think I;ve had Polenta yet...but this place is awesome and really would make you boomerang back! Great pages, Pinar! Norman :)

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Oooh, I've been on those team building courses. Afterwards I always go back to my little dictatorship ;)

Pinat

“Be the change you want to see in the world!”

Badges & Stats in Friuli-Venezia Giulia

Have you been to Friuli-Venezia Giulia?

Latest Activity in Friuli-Venezia Giulia