"GORIZIA OR GORICA?!?" Gorizia by Pinat
Gorizia Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 109 photos
Thanks to one of the cutest persons I've met in Italy (Dimitri Braini to name him), I had the chance to see his beautiful hometown, Gorizia several times during my studies in Italy in 2005. I was living in Trieste at the time and I was already quite close to Slovenian border but it was after my very first trip to Gorizia I noticed how a city can be of two nations. It was written Dimitri Brajnik on the door of my friend but he was also legally Dimitri Braini. It was my first interaction with two identities, two countries but one soul. That's why I fell in love with the city and kept asking Dimitri to take me there several times when he was driving back home for the weekend.
Being 40 minutes train ride from Trieste or two hours train ride from Venice, Gorizia is a rather quiet Italian town compared to other Italian tourist attractions. However, from a historical perspective, I believe, Gorizia is a unique treasure with its medieval cathedrals.
- Pros:Two identities in a single soul...
- Cons:Not well promoted like Trieste or Udine
- In a nutshell:Such a warm welcome she has:)
Maybe it was because we had friends working there but this place was always like a family trattoria for us whenever we... more travel advice
The synagogue of Gorizia was destroyed during World War II and later reopened in 1947 by Jewish American soldiers... more travel advice
Pinat's Related Pages
Gorizia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gorizia, Gorica, Görz: three souls for one town"
- "GORIZIA OR GORICA?!?"
- "A Divided City No Longer"
- "GORICA - NOVA GORICA"
- "Boarder crossing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gorizia
- Transportation in Gorizia
- Restaurants in Gorizia
- Warnings and Dangers in Gorizia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gorizia
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Gorizia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gorizia
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sivas Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokat Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Famagusta Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ancona Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friuli-Venezia Giulia Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasra Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Kastamonu Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos