"VITERBO" Viterbo by Pinat

Viterbo Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 64 photos

A QUICK STOP ON THE WAY TO ROME

The little town of Viterbo and its lovely Tuesday market. How can I forget the kind Italian lady who offered us strawberries at half price as we were travelling students? How can I forget the funny conversation we tried to have with our poor Italian in the nice coffeehouse? We were trying to get to Rome from Ancona with our rental car and we ended up in Viterbo. We didn't have any intention to stay long but we saw the local market. We decided to buy some fruits for the journey, then met the lady I just mentioned, then she sent us to the best place to have an espresso (don't remember the name of the place unfortunately) and we spent almost half a day in the town. When we were leaving, we all agreed that it worth a stop-by:)

• Pros:A quick stop on the way to/from Rome
  • Cons:Not known by many
  • In a nutshell:Worth spending a few hours!
  • Last visit to Viterbo: Mar 2005
  • Intro Written Aug 4, 2009

• SabinaY's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM

It is a pity that you have not seen a lot about this city, For ex: terme dei papi, Piazza San pellegrino, pizzerias , and so on... As a present resident of Viterbo, I can say that this city is quite safe and comfortable, green place for living for students. Indeed, you can see a lot of students from several countries ;)

• SabinaY's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM

looks like sweet and little city...thanks for description of Viterbo..I will be a student in this city in a few months...:)) greetings from Baku, Azerbaijan

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Looks like a pretty little town! I also stopped in a few little towns on the way to Rome by train.

Pinat

“Be the change you want to see in the world!”

Badges & Stats in Viterbo

Have you been to Viterbo?

Latest Activity in Viterbo