"AMASRA" Top 5 Page for this destination Amasra by Pinat
Amasra Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 255 photos
If you live in Ankara and if you are a sea-lover, normally you'd end up visiting Amasra at least once a year. Either I am a strange sea-lover or the crowds eager to reach a seaside kind of suffocate me but I've been to Amasra only once during my 13-year stay in Ankara. It was two years ago when we'd decided to do our big Black Sea trip. We started with Amasra because I had a kind of social pressure on me: People getting surprised, asking me questions about why I still haven't been there. I just wanted to get rid of it.
We left Ankara in late afternoon. On average it takes three hours by car/bus. Maybe it was this very fact that kept me away from Amasra in all these years. I'm from the coast: I walk to reach sea, I don't drive for three hours... Anyway, we arrived after the sun set via Bartin road.
Our journey was not like driving down a mountain road but it was more like travelling on the back of a curled snake. It was a bit dark and we were unable to see the sea. Then suddenly there was Amasra, standing on the shore like a long ship with all of its lights shining on the harbour. We quickly found our hotel and went to sleep immediately.
The next morning I awoke to the sound of the waves and felt as if I were a voyager on ship Amasra:) It was the town that became a passion for Princess Amastris, its name-giver who followed the sea trade routes and longed for her shores and I was so wrong about all the things I'd thought of her.
- Pros:The nearest seaside from Ankara
- Cons:Overpopulated at the weekends by those coming from inner land
- In a nutshell:Such a pretty town on the Black Sea coast!
The studies and research for a museum in Amasra started in 1884 (during the reign of the Ottomans) and it took almost a... more travel advice
Amasra is always related with fish. It is because it is a town on the coast. Most of the locals are fishermen. There is... more travel advice
Pinat's Related Pages
Amasra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amasra: Turkey's Amalfi"
- "Amasra - Atmospheric Black Sea Resort Town"
- "Very little green-blue town"
- "SLEEPING PRINCESS "AMASRA""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amasra
- Hotels in Amasra
- Transportation in Amasra
- Nightlife in Amasra
- Restaurants in Amasra
- Shopping in Amasra
- Warnings and Dangers in Amasra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amasra
- 13 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Amasra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amasra
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sivas Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokat Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Famagusta Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ancona Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friuli-Venezia Giulia Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasra Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Kastamonu Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos