"TOKAT" Tokat by Pinat
Tokat Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 40 photos
The city of Tokat, I'm sure not many people have seen this city (or even aware of this city) in the world. I never thought I'd go there one day but I ended up there more than a couple of times.
It all started in summer 2007 when one of our bestfriends was assigned to Tokat to do his military service for 6 months. I didn't even know the exact location of this city on the Turkish map but then realized it was not that far away from Sivas where my husband's parents live. It was our bestfriend at the end and I haven't done any military service but believe me it's not a great experience in Turkey. Actually our friend was lucky to be assigend to a little, peaceful and a really religious city in the Black Sea Regions of Turkey.
During his military service, we went there as often as possible to visit him at the weekends so that's ho I ended knowing sth of Tokat:)
Another great thing was the excitement we get when we were driving from Sivas to Tokat: You pass a wide wild area where you can see eagles and hawks flying and hunting: Kind of scary when you see a hawk hunting a rabbit but it was a point in my life when I wanted to be a bird so as to have an bird's eye view of the region.
One more thing I need to add about this city: I guess I've seen almost all the historical parts. It's worth stressing because normally one doesn't spend that much time in Tokat. We managed to see almost everything cuz museums and historical areas were the only places our soldier friend was allowed to enter freely. Certain cafes and restaurants were forbidden for the soldiers so we ended up visiting every historical piece.
- Pros:Far from the madding crowd
- Cons:Very delicious kebap!
- In a nutshell:A nice place to stop by for lunch on the way to Sivas or Amasya
Similar to many other cities of Turkey, if you are there during a festival you'll notice something but will not come... more travel advice
It's the place where you should taste "Tokat Kebap". It's on the first floor of the hotel. Many locals claim that it's... more travel advice
Pinat's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Tokat
- 16 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Tokat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokat
Photos in TokatSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sivas Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos
- Tokat Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Famagusta Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ancona Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friuli-Venezia Giulia Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasra Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Kastamonu Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos