"Bardejov" Bardejov by tim76
Bardejov Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 45 photos
Arguably the most beautiful town in Eastern Slovakia, Bardejov (Bartfeld) has German roots, as it was founded by Saxon weavers in the 12th century. The town grew rich from trading with Poland. The result of that wealth can still be seen today: a magnificently preserved market square with a wonderful church. UNESCO acknowledged Bardejov's unique character by inscribing it on the World Heritage List in 2000.
- In a nutshell:Best square in Slovakia, World Heritage Site
The spa town of Bardejovske Kupele, with an interesting open air museum, is not far away. Please see my page about it. more travel advice
tim76's Related Pages
Bardejov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small great Bardejov"
- "A bit of World Heritage in north eastern Slovakia"
- "Bardejov, a pleasant surprise"
- "Bardejov, Slovakia"
- "Bardejov - Eastern Slovakia"
- "The Bardejov City"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bardejov
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bardejov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bardejov
Photos in BardejovSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piazza Armerina Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos
- Spoleto Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Santo Domingo de la Calzada Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Macerata Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Nájera Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Iceland 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Palermo 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Bazas Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Bardejov Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Gura Humorului Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.