"The Ancient city TAXILA" Taxila by marvelous_girl
Taxila Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 114 photos
Taxila (Old Indian Takshaçila): the ancient capital of the eastern Punjab, the country between the rivers Indus and Hydaspes. The site consists of several parts, which belong to three periods;Achaemenid age,Greek age,Kushan age.
It is a town located between the mountains and therefore it is safe and at present the Heavy industry of Pakistan is in Taxila and is backbone of Pakistan's heavy industry.It's location makes it perfect for heavy industries it is town surrounded by mountains and this makes it safe incase anyone wan't to attack this area the Pak forces will stop them before reaching it.Taxila is situated about 32 km (20 mi) to the north-west of Islamabad Capital Territory and Rawalpindi in Panjab; just off the Grand Trunk Road.
Sirkap is the name of an archaeological site on the bank opposite to the city of Taxila, Punjab, Pakistan.There u will... more travel advice
marvelous_girl's Related Pages
Taxila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "True Ruins!"
- "The Ancient city TAXILA"
- "Taxila UNESCO World Heritage Site a Gem"
- "Taxila - the ruins of Gandharan civilisation"
- "TAXILA AND THE BUDDIST SITES."
- "Pictures of Taxila"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taxila
- Hotels in Taxila
- Transportation in Taxila
- Shopping in Taxila
- Warnings and Dangers in Taxila
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taxila
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Taxila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taxila
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 24 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sialkot Intro, 19 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Multan Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murree Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Hassan Abdal Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Taxila Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Wah Intro, 1 review, 1 photo