"Thesa" Thessaloniki by Robin020
Thessaloniki Travel Guide: 649 reviews and 1,950 photos
Thessaloniki is the second largest city in Greece,coastal avenue to the neighbourhoods with the narrow streets and quaint shops, the elitist architecture and Byzantine churches, Thessaloniki lures the visitor with its variety of attractions.
What to see
The byzantine walls, the Rotunda, the ancient Agora, the Ladadika, The Modiano Arcade , the Bit Bazaar and its unique waterfront promenade, and taking a walk in its harbour you get a nice view of the town and the sea.
The White Tower of Thessaloniki
A fine example of an early Christian church, inside one is amazed by the exquisite mosaics.
Address: St Sophia & Ermou Street
The Church of St. Demetrius
It is a monument of particular importance; it houses the martyrdom of St. Demetrius, the patron of the city. Below the church there is the crypt and museum setting out early Christian and Byzantine sculptures, lush painted and marble decorations. Address: Agiou Demetriou 96
Walking east on Egnatia Odos one encounters the arch of Galerius
It is a circular edifice from the time of Galerius,
The Roman Forum
It was built in 1902 to shelter the Islamized Jews. Today it is an exhibition area of the Municipality of Thessaloniki. Opening Hours: Tues-Fri 10:00-14:00 and 18:00-21:00, Sat 18:00-21:00, Sun 10:00-14:00 Address: Archaeologicou Mouseiou
The Covered Market (Bezesteni)
The Covered Market is a typical Ottoman building It was mainly used to house textile shops, drapers and goldsmiths, while it still hosts today small fabric shops.
Address: Egnatia and Venizelos St.
Hamam Bei Baths
An antique spa, the largest ham am preserved on Greek territory.
Address: Egnatia and Aristotle St.
- Pros:Friendly people,beautiful city,relaxing,safe,ancient city.Authentic
- Cons:Smoking in the bars,alcohol drinks are bit expensive
- In a nutshell:One of the friendyest people in Greece
People go out late. Especially during summer. Expect going out for drinks no earlier than 22:00, but expect a bar crawl... more travel advice
Here are some usefull tips about going out: Thessaloniki was voted top 10 party city by lonely planet. in Most bars or... more travel advice
Robin020's Related Pages
Thessaloniki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Thessaloniki"
- "The Balkan capital of Greece!"
- "The Jewel of the Balkans"
- "Thessaloniki, her White Tower"
- "Yassou Vre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thessaloniki
- Hotels in Thessaloniki
- Transportation in Thessaloniki
- Nightlife in Thessaloniki
- Restaurants in Thessaloniki
- Shopping in Thessaloniki
- Warnings and Dangers in Thessaloniki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thessaloniki
- 25 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Thessaloniki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thessaloniki
Photos in ThessalonikiSee All Photos (97)
Videos in ThessalonikiSee All Videos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Aleppo Intro, 94 reviews, 232 photos
- Damascus Intro, 58 reviews, 130 photos
- Fes Intro, 25 reviews, 104 photos
- `Afrin Intro, 55 reviews, 68 photos
- Thessaloniki Intro, 25 reviews, 97 photos
- Dubai Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos
- Toronto Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Amman Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 25 photos
- Casablanca Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos