"Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry" Karachi by Mozumbus
Karachi Travel Guide: 487 reviews and 1,043 photos
This year, the winter-like-weather stayed in Karachi for around 4 months which might be a record for a city where winter clothing industry always find itself in trouble!
Anyways, this is the best season - November to February - to visit 'one of the largest cities in the world'.
You may be surprised, as was I, to know that Karachi is the world's second largest city by population (city proper) ahead of Mumbai, Beijing, Tokyo, Delhi, Mexico City, New York City, etc!
Karachi's population graph somewhat resembles to that of Gold Futures in the mid-2011!
But don't let the noisy burgeoning conurbation put you off. Fellow travelers report that there are quite a few 'unhidden' gems spread around which are usually ignored by the ~18 million busy-looking locals, including myself!
Feel welcome if you are planning to visit my hometown. Especially, if you are on a tight budget as the latest Economist Intelligence Unit survey suggested that Karachi is the cheapest city in the world!
Good news! Isn't it?
But put your feet in our shoes and you will feel irritated to know that even Indonesia, Bangladesh, and Ethiopia (without offense) are expensive for poor us!
So finally I have taken the first step to build my hometown page thanks to the gentle warning by VTer Goutam bhai.
Lets see how much time it now takes to complete the assignment!
Specialty Fruit: Cheeko
Food: Students Biryani, Javed Nihari, Meertuth Kebab, Katakat, Fried Fish, Karhai, Shiwari Karhai, Afghani boti and Kabuly Pulao, Chullo Irani Kebab
Day Trips: Hawkesbay. Manora, Gidani
Off the Beaten Day Trips: Chaukundi Tombs and Shahjahan Mosque, Mubarak Village beach, Kund Malir Beach, Ranikot Fort
Charna is a rocky uninhabited Arabian Sea island located on the verge of the notorious Balochistan province, West of... more travel advice
Muhammad Ali Jinnah Road, or Bandar Road, is one of the busiest and the oldest roads of Karachi. On a normal working... more travel advice
Mozumbus' Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 9 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
- updated a Karachi Travel Page "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: White Mountain one day by car"
- Wrote a Review Fishing Around Charna Island about Boating in Karachi Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fishing Around Charna Island"
- Commented on one of AYESHA29's Karachi travel pages
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Nagar Parkar Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Karachi Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skardu Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Ormara Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Cairo Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bali Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Granada Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos