"A Historic Town on the Sound" Rye by LadyRVG
Rye Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 192 photos
I have been visiting Rye since I was just a baby in my carriage. Rye is a nice town on the Long Island sound that has some beautiful beaches, parks, shopping, restaurants, historic houses, mansions and of course the Historic Landmark of Rye Playland.
Growing up we would either drive or take the train to Rye for a day at the Beach, Rye Playland or for some ice skating. I was a figure skater and my ice times and practices were very early in the morning at the Rye Ice Rink. Rye Playland was fun for me as achild and I loved the Haunted Mansion, The Old Mill, the Octopus and the Carousel. As I got older I took my little brother and various younger cousins for their fun at Rye Playland. *
The town of Rye has some nice shops and restuarants. We often walk through town to shop or to gran a bite to eat at Seaside Johnnie's, the Rye Grill or the Ruby's Oyster Bar. It still is a cute little town with a cozy feel to it. Yes, there are the big mansions and snobby types you'd find in any affluent town but for the most part Rye is a nice place to visit.*
The Beaches at Rye are not up to par with the beaches of Montauk, The Hamptons or the Jersey shore but I enjoy their simplicity. Chris and I enjoy our strolls along Rye and Oakland Beach and enjoying a nice meal or drink to complete the evening. Rye tends to get too crowded in the summer months with stragglers from other parts of Westchester County and NYC; so we tend to take our walk later in the evening in the Summer. I particularly prefer the beach in the Spring and Fall when the crowds are long gone and the calm returns.
- Pros:Walking the beach with my Baby.....
- Cons:Congested with people in the summer
- In a nutshell:Our Lovely Beach Strolls...
LadyRVG's Related Pages
Rye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small Village on the Sound"
- "I love Rye"
- "A Historic Town on the Sound"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rye
- Hotels in Rye
- Transportation in Rye
- Nightlife in Rye
- Restaurants in Rye
- Shopping in Rye
- Warnings and Dangers in Rye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rye
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Rye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rye
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 124 reviews, 445 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Turk Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 5 photos
- Newport Intro, 20 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kittery Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milford Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Saint Lucia Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos