"One of the Antillean Windward Islands" Saint Lucia by LadyRVG

Saint Lucia Travel Guide: 536 reviews and 1,528 photos

There is nothing I love more than a beautiful island island paradise. St. Lucia more than delivers in the natural beauty department. I can see why it has been called the "Helen" of the West Indies; due to the battles between the English and the French for possesion of this Caribbean gem.

St. Lucia is a unique island in the Caribbean due to its mountainous terrain. The impressive large Pitons are something everyone should behold at least once in their lifetime. The sheer lushness of this island is amazing; it is so green and full of color. The place that most closely resembles St. Lucia to me is the Seychelles and I never thought I would see anything close to that magnificent place.

Birthday Celebrations

St. Lucia is such a gorgeous island that we decided to celebrate my 36th Birthday here. I wanted a beach getaway where I could relax, get pampered and be lazy with my husband. Chris and I decided to make it a bit merrier and asked our friends Chris and Karen along for the festivities.

We had an incredible time in St. Lucia with incredibly good weather and the friendliest people. We had so much fun exploring the island with our friends and even made some new ones on the trip. It was a wonderful Birthday thanks to my husband and some very special friends.

It's Island Time

While in St. Lucia we booked a local tour through the Son of Man Tour Company. The hotel was selling a similiar pricier package; but I wanted to have a tour by the locals(and quite honestly I wanted to pay the locals not the hotel).

The Tour was their "Land and Sea" Tour. It began with the tour guides picking us up via boat to explore the coastline which is truly beautiful with the Pitons rising up into the sky. Along the way the guide told us the local history and pointed out the various coastal towns and points of interest.

During our tour we stopped in Marigot Bay, Soufrière and Jalousie beach. Marigot Bay was a more posh area with homes of the celebrities such as Mick Jagger. Soufrière was a quaint town full of locals selling wares, cute shops and historic buildings.

We travelled into the jungle and went to the Qualibou Volcano for a volcanic mud bath and a dip in the Sulphur springs before heading out for a chilly dip in the Torialle waterfall. The Sulphur Springs were incredibly hot...almost too hot to bear. The mud was nice but next to impossible to completely wash off in public. The waterfall was amazing although very cold compared to the hot air temperature. We had a refershing swim and meander around the waterfall. After our waterfall experience it was off for a local Caribbean lunch and some shopping.

After our bellies were full and we got our retail therapy it was back on the boat to Jalousie beach for snorkeling. I was pretty pooped so I just lounged on the beach at this point. After the snorkeling excursion we did a free swim in the open water with the majority of the people on our tour jumping off the boat into the water. This really was alot of fun. I had a great time bobbing up and down in the water. Local children were jumping off an nearby rock arch and having the same grand time and we were.

The day ended with us being dropped off on the beach of our resort. It really was an amazing time with some incredible local guys who kept the music pumping, the Rum Punch Flowing and the stories going.

• Pros:Natural Beauty at its Finest
  • Cons:Winding Narrow Roads Can get you Car sick
  • In a nutshell:Get Lost in the Sun and Sand
  • Last visit to Saint Lucia: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Just got back from a cruise where St. Lucia was my favorite stop. Your hotel experience there sounds fab!

LadyRVG

“You know it's love when forever is not long enough.”

Badges & Stats in Saint Lucia

Have you been to Saint Lucia?

Latest Activity in Saint Lucia