"Love Those Sydneysiders" Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney by LadyRVG

Sydney Travel Guide: 5,796 reviews and 13,501 photos

Dreams become Reality...

From the time I was a little girl I wanted to visit Sydney..... My dream of visiting Sydney came true when Christopher took me to Sydney for my Birthday in October 2007. It was a magical trip full of new adventures, sights and sounds. Some of the trip highlights were: taking a dip in the Pacific Ocean at Bondi Beach, seeing Koalas up close at Taronga Park, Spending a few days at Watson's Bay, Riding the ferries around the harbour, seeing Manly, Enjoying the Aquarium, wandering the Chinese Gardens, walking Hyde Park, experiencing an Opera at the Sydney Opera House on my Birthday, Eating at the Fish Market and getting a beautiful Opal ring as a birthday present.

My trip to Sydney was wonderful because I was with such an incredible man. Christopher made my Sydney dream come true and showed me everything I wanted to see in Sydney. I even met some amazing people: AussieDoug, Laura, Helen and Dennis. Doug took us exploring some of the Sydney beaches on day. We spent a few days meeting up with Laura afetr she got out of work to grab a bite to eat and some drinks. Her friends are a real hoot. Helen and Dennis came to Watson's Bay with us to explore and have a nice lunch. These wonderful people added such warm and hospitality to an already incredible trip. I am grateful for meeting them.

Four Times and Counting.....

My second trip to Sydney was in Feb/March of 2010 for my husband's Birthday. We explored some new places and revisited some favorites. We have a fun time reconnecting with some great Aussie friends and making some new ones. The laid back and relaxed Aussie spirit is incredible and something I love about the people.

Exploring outside of the city was so much fun. Seeing the Blue Mountains and discovering some beautiful beaches was a highlight for us during this trip. My husband and I love good food and wine; and we managed to find both in abundance.

My Third visit to Sydney was packed with exploring new suburbs and beaches. We explored Cape Solander and Botany Bay. We also had a great time watching a 18 footers race with our friend Jackie. My Fourth trip to Sydney included some fun new experiences such as watching a live Cricket game (Australia vs. India) and enjoying the NSW wine festival. As always we love visiting our Sydney friends and enjoying some of our favorite Sydney sights.

Evertime Something New

*Sydney is more than just the Opera House and Koalas. Sydney has some wonderful museums, restaurants and natural beauty. This lovely place has some of the most interesting flora, wildlife and fauna. I always found something new and intersting when I looked around whether it was an unsual flower or a strange rock formation. Sydney is an amazing and fascinating destination. You can't see it all in one trip but that is inspiration to keep coming back for more. *

• Pros:Incredible People and Sights!
  • In a nutshell:My Favorite City in the World
  • Last visit to Sydney: Mar 2012
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2012

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I see you are about to write about the "Emu" trauma..... I shouldn't laugh. It's taking you this long to do it....so its probably still scary.

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Nice work Lizy! Sidney is on my list of ' to visit' !!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2011 at 10:17 AM

well-written restaurant Tips; most weren't there when I lived there in 70s; loved workg in Rocks area then, being prior to development; great to see HARRY's CAFE is still there! we often went, returning home late at night. see my koala pic on Aust.page

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM

That was so nice of Chris to take you there!!! What a man -- wish I was his girlfriend, hehe- my wife and I also stayed at the Sheraton just b4 the 2000 Olympics - we lost a baby that was MADE in Sydney (miscarriage) so we named the baby Sydney...Norman

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 9:50 AM

It seem's your going to write some tips... Greetings from sunny Italy!

LadyRVG

“You know it's love when forever is not long enough.”

Badges & Stats in Sydney