"Wandering Paradise" Paradise Island by LadyRVG
Paradise Island Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 372 photos
Chris and I took a Royal Caribbean Cruise in May-June 2008. One of the ports was Nassau/Paradise Island. Chris had always wanted to see Atlantis and I had a friend who was supposed to have visited in April (she unfortunately died two weeks before her trip). I felt that going to Atlantis would give us a new experience as well as fullfill a trip that my friend was so looking forward to taking.
We arrived in Nassau rather early in the morning and easily found a water taxi to take us to Paradise Island. Our guide on the water taxi was a funny fellow who gave us interesting island trivia tidbits along the way. It was a fun distraction from my motion sick feeling that was brewing on the journey. We arrived at the dock in ten minutes and made our way through the Atlantis Marina and Village Shops. After some shopping and a refreshing beverage at Jamba Juice we entered the Resort.
We paid for the day pass to see the Marine and Aquarium exibits. The resort is huge and even with a map we got lost a few times. Thankfully we had a few staff that were nice and got us back on track. The marine exhibits were great especially the rays and The Dig. I'm a big fan of aquariums and this did not dissapoint.
The casinos were quite large and we had a nice walk through. Neither of us are gamblers so we didn't try our luck. After some final shopping at the resort we decided to hop in a cab for a journey back into Nassau. It was nice to ecperience Atlantis but it left alot to be desired: some staff were down right rude, the food prices were outrageous and the guest pass prices were a bit much. *
It was a fun day visiting Atlantis with Chris. Chris had been wanting for visit Atlantis and was very excited this was one of the stops on our cruise. It was a beautiful sunny and warm day at Atlantis. We enjoyed exploring the resort and taking in the beautiful scenery.i*
I love the water and marine exhibits, so Atlantis was a great destination for me. I love watching the fish and the ray tanks. The Dig Exhibit was my favorite part of the Atlantis resort.*
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Aquatic Exhibits!
LadyRVG's Related Pages
Paradise Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise Found"
- "What an Appropriate Name.."
- "A True Paradise Island (so Close to Miami & NY)"
- "Expensive Paradise"
- "Over the Bridge"
- "Atlantis...big and getting bigger."
- "Atlantis on Paradise Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paradise Island
- Hotels in Paradise Island
- Transportation in Paradise Island
- Nightlife in Paradise Island
- Restaurants in Paradise Island
- Shopping in Paradise Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Paradise Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paradise Island
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Paradise Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paradise Island
Photos in Paradise IslandSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 124 reviews, 445 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Turk Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 5 photos
- Newport Intro, 20 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kittery Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milford Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Saint Lucia Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos