"Cozumel wiped out by Emily; new destination!" Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo by rudocp
San José del Cabo Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 130 photos
Wow was this an experience that I will never forget. The day we arrived in Cabo we went to what we thought were the fishing docks. When we arrived we found out there were no docks but a bunch of pangas on the beach. There was a fishing cleaning station there that several men were at cleaning fish. We talked to them about fishing the following day and what they had been catching. We firmed up our trip with Tomas Cantor. The following morning at 6:30 a.m. we went back to the beach to head out fishing. It was the coolest thing when we arrived. There were probably 100 people there on the beach waiting to go fishing. They used an old Bronco to pull the boats down to the water line. Then 4 or 5 guys waited for a wave to come in and they pushed the boat out into the water upon which you jumped in at the same time as to not get wet. Once we were out there the entire fleet headed for the floating Wawa as my husband called it for bait (Sardines). It was only a short distance later that Marcello our Captain stopped the boat and we started fishing. The boats around us were catching small Bonita. Within 10 minutes I caught a nice size Yellowfin! We then caught 2 Bonita and Marcello started to troll for Marlin. We live lined two Bonita for two hours with no luck. We asked if we could go back and catch more Tuna. Back we went. By the end of the day we had caught 6 total. While we were fishing we were seeing Sea Lions, they were coming right up to the boat and trying to steal the catch off of our hooks. It was so funny! The best part was when we went to dock the boat on the beach. There is a steep incline that you had to get up for the boat to be on the beach. Marcello told us to hold on and he gunned the engine. It was like sledding on the beach! What an experience, what a day! We will definately be going back!
Make sure you bring something to drink with you or buy it at the entrance gate. It is a long walk when it is real hot.... more travel advice
rudocp's Related Pages
San José del Cabo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAN JOSE' del CABO"
- "We enjoyed our stay here - January 2005"
- "A Disappointment"
- "Cozumel wiped out by Emily; new destination!"
- "Southern Tip of Baja - San Jose"
- "Wedding trip to San Jose del Cabo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José del Cabo
- Hotels in San José del Cabo
- Transportation in San José del Cabo
- Nightlife in San José del Cabo
- Restaurants in San José del Cabo
- Shopping in San José del Cabo
- Warnings and Dangers in San José del Cabo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José del Cabo
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to San José del Cabo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José del Cabo
Photos in San José del CaboSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Phuket Intro, 24 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bocas del Toro 27 reviews, 27 photos
- Ko Similan Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Panama Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Kauai Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- French Polynesia Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Krabi Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues