San Diego Restaurant Tips by jumpingwithnorman
San Diego Restaurants: 685 reviews and 908 photos
Parking is ridiculously easy at this place even though it's in the middle of downtown San Diego and about a block away from the Gaslamp District. Panda Inn is right atop Horton Plaza so you park in the attached garage and just be sure to get validation before you leave the restaurant.
Panda Inn has a great staff. There are several dining areas available: outside tables in front, main dining area inside, the back dining area (our preferred choice always!) plus a private room off the back dining area that can accomodate between 10-12 people. This place is so good that when we were in town and my youngest had a choice for his 6th birthday lunch between Panda Inn and McDonald's, it was no contest for this 6 year old... he chose Panda Inn.
Favorite Dish: Last night, we had their special Braised Beef Short Ribs and it was absolutely divine! Melt in your mouth goodness! The Honey Walnut Prawns and Sweet & Sour Pork is also good but what's really outstanding is their complimentary fortune cookies which come wrapped in colorful foil as they are dipped in white chocolate! One bite or one cookie is never enough. Their special cookies are available for sale at the counter so be sure to grab some on the way out. Totally addictive.
Address: #506 Horton Plaza
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Located on the top floor of Horton Plaza near Napa Valley Grille & Nordstrom
Phone: (619) 233-7800
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
A local hangout, Rocky's has been around for a LONG time and they sure know how to make their burgers. Orders are placed through the bartender and burgers can take about 15-20 minutes to get so be patient. If you're planning on eating your burger here, you have to be 21 years or older. Cash only - no credit cards though there's an ATM located at the liquor store across the street.
Love the burgers so I actually have their phone number on my speed dial even though I live over 10 hours away. It's just in case I drop by....
Kitchen closes around 10pm.
Beer is also served on the premises.
Favorite Dish: Burgers are offered in 1/2 or 1/3 sizes, their burgers are juicy & flavorful. Fries are also on the menu but be warned: they have a tendency to overcook their fries so if that's a pet peeve of yours (just like me) just remind them of that when you place your order.
Address: 3786 Ingraham St, San Diego, CA 92109
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Corner of La Playa Street & Ingraham Street. About 2-4 minutes drive away from Sea World-San Diego, CA
Phone: (858) 273-9140
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (7)
jumpingwithnorman's Related Pages
San Diego Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Diego, California"
- "San Diego ~San Dieguito"
- "Jim_Eliason's San Diego Page"
- "Warm up to San Diego"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)"
- "California's Birthplace"
- "Something for everyone...San Diego"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Diego
- Hotels in San Diego
- Transportation in San Diego
- Nightlife in San Diego
- Restaurants in San Diego
- Shopping in San Diego
- Warnings and Dangers in San Diego
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Diego
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to San Diego?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Diego
Photos in San DiegoSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Tuolumne Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Portugal Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- San Diego Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Mesa Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Columbia Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Homer Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Shasta Lake Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Knights Ferry Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
- San Diego Zoo- 147 Reviews, 216 Photos
- Balboa Park- 124 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Gaslamp Quarter- 36 Reviews, 76 Photos
- SeaWorld- 87 Reviews, 138 Photos
- La Jolla- 47 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Old Town San Diego- 66 Reviews, 186 Photos
- U.S.S. Midway- 41 Reviews, 155 Photos
- Seaport Village- 33 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Cabrillo National Monument- 46 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Zoo Safari Park- 31 Reviews, 39 Photos
See All San Diego Things to Do