"Hoity-Toity Cherry Hills (not in 1963 it wasn't)" Cherry Hills Village by Seabiscuit
Cherry Hills Village Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
WOW-O-Rama! I never knew this was in the database. (Neat! More room for stories, but I'll deny it all). In the beginning, there was cheap land on the outskirts of town (way, way out). In 1963 my Parents bought about 2 acres of land in Cherry Hills, and decided to custom build a 6 bedroom home on it. Apparently, Parents thought Capitol Hill was becoming too "Bohemian", thus the rationale. So right around June of '63 we moved out there - our lives, as we knew it, were over at least to a 6 and an 8 year old. New home, new school, new everything. BUT! The lot they bought had a pool AND a tennis court on it, maybe we'll live after all, just to see what happens. The place was great, surrounded with trees, loads of open space, and a few kids around our age to play with. (btw, Parents bought the land AND the house for $30,000 ('63 USD)).
PLEASE NOTE - Just started this page today Aug.10. I have to go South and snag more photos.
I snagged this from a Denver Realtors page. Believe me, most of it is poop, and bloated bigger n' Mama Cass after the 'sandwich incident'. (I've added my own comments - in parens, to the gushing).
Cherry Hills Village, Colorado is the most affluent suburb in the Denver metro area.
(No, it's not. Country Club is MUCH more affluent). Some homes are located within gated communtites (That's because all the Major League players live in stalags). Others are zoned for horses. Newer, planned communities in Cherry Hills Village include Buell Mansion, Covington, Glemoor Country Club, Cherry Hills Farm and Devonshire. Prices range from $700,000-$12 million. (No, they're not).
Cherry Creek District schools service Cherry Hills Village (My Dad was on the CC School Board for almost 11 years, he certainly was none too happy about it). Cherry Hills Village elementary is considered one of the best elementary schools in the State (No, again, it's not. Kent Country Day is). West Middle schools has been a national Blue Ribbon Award Winner as has Cherry Creek High School (This, of course, is blatant pap).
Commute time to Denver Tech Center is about 10 minutes (HAH! It is to laugh!), downtown Denver 25 minutes and Cherry Creek Shopping Center about 15 minutes (A place you want to visit if you have a potato chip stuck up yer butt, and don't wanna break it).
Cherry Hills Population (year 2000): 5,958, Est. population in July 2002: 6,078 (+2.0% change)
Males: 2,989 (50.2%), Females: 2,969 (49.8%)
Elevation: 5395 feet (WHO CARES?)
Land area: 6.2 square miles
Zip code: 80110
Median resident age: 43.8 years
Median household income: $190,805 (year 2000)
Median house value: $893,000 (year 2000)
Cherry Hills Village, CO residents, houses
Ancestries: German (24.3%), English (21.9%), Irish (14.7%), Scottish (4.7%), United States (4.6%), Norwegian (4.4%).
(They could have made it easy and said:
For population 25 years and over in Cherry Hills Village
* High school or higher: 97.8%
* Bachelor's degree or higher: 75.2%
* Graduate or professional degree: 37.5%
* Unemployed: 1.2%
* Mean travel time to work: 21.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cherry Hills Village city
* Never married: 19.2%
* Now married: 74.9%
* Separated: 0.1%
* Widowed: 2.7%
* Divorced: 3.1%
- Pros:Great place to grow up 40 or so years ago.
- Cons:Attitude, attitude, attitude. (Did I mention attitude?)
- In a nutshell:Thanks, Mom & Dad, for the memories!
Seabiscuit's Related Pages
Cherry Hills Village Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hoity-Toity Cherry Hills (not in 1963 it wasn't)"
- Create a Cherry Hills Village Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cherry Hills Village
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cherry Hills Village?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cherry Hills Village
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Get ready for a real Outback..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "I See a Black Car and I Want to Paint it Red Story"
- updated a Cherry Hills Village Travelogue "I See a Black Car and I Want to Paint it Red Story"
Photos in Cherry Hills VillageSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Bermuda Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Franklin Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Salt Lake City Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Bilbao Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.