China Things to Do Tips by lindyz
China Things to Do: 757 reviews and 1,159 photos
No crowds - just me and the wall
We were very lucky with all of our main attractions in that we seemed to avoid the crowds, and also the pollution. Im not sure how or why we got very little or no pollution during our whole 3 weeks, but we are rather thankful for that!
But, I am pretty sure why we seemed to not come face to face with huge crowds anywhere we went. We were there in early Autumn, which is I am told, the peak tourist season for China. And yet, you will see in the majority of my pictures, I was able to take photos with no other people in it, making it look like we were the only people there. In fact, there were probably hundreds, if not thousands, of tourists at every place we went to, but we found it easy to wait a few minutes for a crowd to disperse.
We always got to our tourist destinations very early and left around mid-day, thereby avoiding the huge crowds that come in on tour busses. We were usually arriving at places right on opening, or soon after opening, and we were able to do this because we had hired a guide and designed an itinery with each guide that allowed us to work our day into our schedule of where we wanted to be at what times.. If you go on a huge guided tour, you have no flexibility to do this. You are locked into their schedule, and that is the main reason we do not like going on tours. The only tour we took while in China was our Li River Cruise, and that seemed to be the only way to do that.
And so, to all those people who have looked at my photos and said to me "Where are the crowds???" that is the only reason I can give you.
1. To get to your destinations as early as possible.
2. To hire a private guide and attempt to avoid group tours.
More Reviews (11)
lindyz's Related Pages
China Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "China is wonderful!"
- "China - My Roots"
- "Paul2001's 34 Days in China!"
- "China by yourself, incredibly easy!"
- "China - the Middle Kingdom"
- See All...
- Things to Do in China
- Hotels in China
- Transportation in China
- Nightlife in China
- Restaurants in China
- Shopping in China
- Warnings and Dangers in China
- See All...
Badges & Stats in China
- 135 Reviews
- 432 Photos
- 479 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to China?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in China
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Andakira"
- Commented on one of Green_Frog's China travel pages
- updated a China Travelogue "Strange foods of China"
- Wrote a Review China scarcities - toilet paper and Lipton Tea! in China Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "China scarcities - toilet paper and Lipton Tea!"
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 81 reviews, 283 photos
- Phuket Intro, 69 reviews, 232 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 190 photos, 6 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 44 reviews, 178 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Island Intro, 55 reviews, 165 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 44 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Thailand Intro, 18 reviews, 83 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue