Frankfort Off The Beaten Path Tips by Ky_Happy_Dad
Frankfort Off The Beaten Path: 18 reviews and 33 photos
The Salato Wildlife Education Center, operated by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife would be of special interest to those who enjoy hunting, fishing, or bird watching. However, it is worth a quick stop by those passing through Frankfort. Admission is now free. The Salato center has a small zoo containing some native wildlife, snakes, turtles, fish and a wildcat, deer, turkey, buffalo and elk. Two bear cubs are great fun to watch. They remind me of two boys chasing each other and wrestling. There are also picnic tables and and a small fishing lake stocked by the Department of fish and wildlife nearby. The center is located on U.S. 60, North of Frankfort. The summer hours are 9:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m, Tuesday to Friday, Sat, 10:00 to 7:00 p.m., and Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The center is closed on Mondays. The Salato Center also sponsors special programs for children and adults. Call (502) 564-7863 for more information.
More Reviews (9)
Ky_Happy_Dad's Related Pages
Frankfort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frankly My Dear..... it's Frankfort, KY"
- "Compromise Capitol"
- "History City"
- "Frankfort: The Capital"
- "Day Trip to Frankfort Kentucky"
- "Frankfort Kentucky"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfort
- Hotels in Frankfort
- Nightlife in Frankfort
- Restaurants in Frankfort
- Shopping in Frankfort
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfort
- See All...
Explore the World
- Long Beach
- Kepanjen Hotels
- Sparlingville Hotels
- Nandi Hotels
- Bovington Camp Hotels
Badges & Stats in Frankfort
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Frankfort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfort
Photos in FrankfortSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Kentucky Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 24 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lexington Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tennessee Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Missouri Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- Ohio Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfort Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- California Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue