"Eszter's Tarxien Page" Tarxien Prehistoric Temples by Eszter
Tarxien Prehistoric Temples Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 45 photos
The site comprises three main temples, with a fourth in ruins. The age of the temples is a matter of some controversy, though it is generally believed that they were built between 3500 and 2500 BC.
This complex is the largest and most recent of the Copper Age temples in Malta. It is also the most elaborately embellished. No metal tools were used and the ornamentation, in the form of spiral reliefs and carved animals (sheep or goats), suggests a sophisticated community of temple builders and carvers.
Eszter's Related Pages
Tarxien Prehistoric Temples Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Prehistoric Tarxien Temples"
- "Eszter's Tarxien Page"
- "Tarxien Temples"
- "Find the fat lady........................"
- "Mindblowing Tarxien"
- "The Worlds Oldest Free Standing Buildings"
- "Tarxien Temples, MT"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tarxien Prehistoric Temples
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tarxien Prehistoric Temples?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarxien Prehistoric Temples
Photos in Tarxien Prehistoric TemplesSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Würzburg Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Esztergom Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Valletta Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Zadar Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos