"Eszter's Vir Page" Vir by Eszter
Vir Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 11 photos
Vir is a lovely little island not far from the town of Zadar. It is connected to the mainland by a bridge, so it can be reached easily by car.
Private accommodation The best place to stay on the island is in this beautiful house in the town of Vir itself. The owners are very kind and helpful, and the beach is just a minute's walk from here.
If you decide to visit Vir and would like to stay at this house, please contact Peter Polczman:
If you speak Hungarian, you can also check out the following web page:
Sights The ruins of the small pre-Romanesque church of St. Nicholas and the Romanesque church of St. John (12th-13th c.) can be found on the island. Also, the remains of a wall with towers and a gate of the former Venetian 17th-century citadel were found along the coast.
Vir is a popular weekend resort, it offers many opportunities for a nice holiday. It has crystal clear sea and refreshing winds during the summer heat.
Eszter's Related Pages
Vir Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vir
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vir
Photos in VirSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Würzburg Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Esztergom Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Valletta Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Zadar Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos