"Gimli" Gimli by kemisteryoso
Gimli Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Gimli is a rural lake town located in the Interlake region of south-central Manitoba, Canada. It is located on the western shore of Lake Winnipeg, about 75 km north of Winnipeg and it will take 1 hour and a half to drive there. It is one among the lake towns that are very busy during summer because of the inland beach as they call it. Not perfect as those of tropical beaches I've seen but this one is okay if you are here in Canada.
The town and surrounding districts were once an Icelandic settlement area which is known as New Iceland, is home to the largest concentration of people of Icelandic ancestry outside Iceland.
Those who likes entertainment and music, Gimli has a Harbour Stage where concerts and different kinds of entertainment are held and you can showcase your talent there with your group if you have any and Restaurants line the street facing the lake so you will not be hungry.
Aside from swimming one can also do fishing, sailing, boating etc.
kemisteryoso's Related Pages
Gimli Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gimli
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Gimli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gimli
Photos in GimliSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 61 reviews, 153 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 42 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 40 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island Intro, 12 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues