Winnipeg Shopping Tips by kemisteryoso Top 5 Page for this destination
Winnipeg Shopping: 20 reviews and 20 photos
A liquor store for alcohol lovers. They offer variety of both local and imported alcoholic beverages. It can be found in many areas in Winnipeg like the one near Kildonan Place.
Malls are not big unlike in the Philippines that is why at first I am not really into shopping the first time I arrived here. But now I am getting used to it.
Kildonan Place is the nearest mall to our place. What I like about Kildonan place is that there are many other shop, stores and restaurants around the area like Sports check, wallmart, superstore, value village (all second hand), sears, zellers etc. . It has more than 100 stores and services. This is the largest shopping center on north east Winnipeg. It has a play area for kids called Camp KP and nice services.
The mall is open from
Monday to Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday 9:30am - 6:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 6:00p
It has 160 stores and considered as Manitoba's complete shopping experience. It anchor tenants like the bay, sears and wallmart as well. It has also a silver city 10-screen cinema. the mall ha 550 seats food hall that has two 50 feet high fireplaces made from handpicked Manitoba tyndall stone. Aeropostale recently opened their store here.
It's open from
Mon - Fri: 10am - 9pm
Sat: 9:30am - 6pm
Sun: 12noon - 6pm
It is located in the heart of downtown Winnipeg. Aside from Winnipeg Square, this will be the closest shopping centre for you when staying in Downtown. A little bit small but it has over 100 services, restaurants and stores. It also has IMAX, Globe Cinema and Prairie theatre exchange that has staged some of Canada's most celebrated and innovative plays. You can check the current season on their website.
One can also take advantage of the free heated underground weekend parking and skywalk access to the MTS Centre.
Address: 393 Portage Avenue
Directions: Between Carlton and Vaughan street
It is the largest shopping centre of Manitoba.The location is very accessible and with over 200 stores and services including cinemas, fashion stores restaurants, the bay etc. Its cinema is called Silver City located near the parking area. It's open from
Mon-Fri 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat 9:30 AM- 6:00 PM
Sun 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Address: 1485 Portage Avenue - St. James
Directions: You can take bus number 11 at Portage avenue westbound. No matter what station at portage this bus will pass. Then pull the string to stop at Polo park.
Like Youngs, it offers variety of Asian products. They even sell live crabs here. You can also buy Filipino dishes inside as well. I love their lechon and kaldereta.
You can buy many goods here from southeast asia, vegetables, processed foods etc. I even found products from my province Pangasinan in the Philippines like the shrimp paste, variety of Dagupan bangus products and anchovies.
More Reviews (33)
kemisteryoso's Related Pages
Winnipeg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Winnipeg in summer is worth a vacation"
- "au coeur du continent"
- "Winnipeg, Winterpeg, The Peg"
- "Winnipeg...cold, windy, but oh... so comfortable"
- "Welcome to Winnipeg"
- "Assiniboine Park in Winter"
- "Guybert's Winnipeg page!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Winnipeg
- Hotels in Winnipeg
- Transportation in Winnipeg
- Nightlife in Winnipeg
- Restaurants in Winnipeg
- Shopping in Winnipeg
- Warnings and Dangers in Winnipeg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winnipeg
- 40 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Winnipeg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winnipeg
Photos in WinnipegSee All Photos (86)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 61 reviews, 153 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 42 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 40 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island Intro, 12 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (75)
- The Forks- 21 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Downtown Winnipeg- 10 Reviews, 9 Photos
- City parks- 9 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Exchange District - downtown- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Wildlife & Migratory birds & Ft. Whyte Nature Centre- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Royal Canadian Mint- 4 Reviews, 2 Photos
- The Manitoba Museum- 5 Reviews, 7 Photos
- St. Boniface- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Winnipeg Festivals- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Winnipeg Folk Festival!- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
See All Winnipeg Things to Do