"Iloilo City" Top 5 Page for this destination Iloilo City by kemisteryoso
Iloilo City Travel Guide: 280 reviews and 890 photos
Iloilo for me is a city with rich cultural heritage especially if you will walk along JM Basa formelrly Calle Real. It is also one of the cleanest cities I've seen here in the Philippines. The river is not polluted that is why I felt envious thinking about the dead Pasig river of Metro Manila.
We stayed 2 days 2 nights and it is not enough that is why we missed some attraction but our trip was easy because Ilonggos are very helpful and nice to tourists foreign or local alike.
We didn't go straight to Iloilo city actually because from the airport we visited the northern towns first. We did that all morning on our first day then went straight to Jaro district to see some ancestral houses and its old church. I want to wander around more before checking in but my friends are very tired. I still have the energy but I am outnumbered. We headed out to Lourdes dormtel and after 1 hour I went out alone and wandered around because they went to sleep. I can't afford to waste time by sleeping and seeing nothing. I can rest all I want after the trip anyways. In the afternoon, we wandered old street of Calle Real now JM Basa which is a very old street with old buildings of Spanish architecture and went to the old church of San Jose and see more old ancestral houses and the museum.
Our first night is boring because they don't want to go out and see some nightlife. I can't sleep so I went outside and bought some beer.
The next morning, we woke up early for the southern towns of Iloilo which turned out to be an amazing trip. I made a hectic itinerary and my friends can't catch up with it. It's very tiring but worth it.
It is the capital of the province of Iloilo and the economic center of western Visayas. It is strategically located on the central part of the Iloilo coast and the gateway to to the province of Guimaras and from here, one can hopped other islands of the Visayas like Negros and Cebu or travel by land and visit Aklan, Antique and Capiz provinces of the Panay Island where Iloilo also belongs.
Iloilo city is a highly urbanized city with 6 districts that once individual towns that were incorporated to form one city when Iloilo gained city hood status in 1937.
The attractions are old ancestral house and heritage infrastructures and old churches .
I love the old churches of Iloilo city and a tourist must not miss the churches of St. Ann in Molo, Jaro Cathedral and the red brick church of San Jose. There's so much history on these churches and that's what I like most about them. T
- Pros:Rich heritage, beautiful churches and charming people
- In a nutshell:Rich cultural heritage and fantastic churches
Iloilo jeepneys are different from the ones we have in Manila. The style, design and type. Jeepney is a good... more travel advice
One Lourdes Dormitel can be one of the best affordable accommodations in Iloilo City. I am only irritated a bit when our... more travel advice
kemisteryoso's Related Pages
Iloilo City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waxing nostalgic..."
- "My Love Affair With Iloilo City"
- "Iloilo City, I shall return :)"
- "Iloilo City"
- "Fun-filled Iloilo"
- "Iloilo City and Beyond"
- "Iloilo City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iloilo City
- Hotels in Iloilo City
- Transportation in Iloilo City
- Nightlife in Iloilo City
- Restaurants in Iloilo City
- Shopping in Iloilo City
- Warnings and Dangers in Iloilo City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iloilo City
- 13 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Iloilo City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iloilo City
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 61 reviews, 153 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 42 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 40 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island Intro, 12 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues