"Bantay" Bantay by kemisteryoso
Bantay Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 20 photos
I visited this 4th the class municipality of Ilocos Sur during my Ilocos tour to see Bantay Church because I love Old Philippine Catholic Churches so much. It is the home of Nuestra Senorade la Caridad or our Lady of Charity, patron saint of Nueva Segovia(One of the original archdiocese founded during the Spanish period). But the patron saint of the parish is St. Augustine of Hippo, the Doctor of Grace.
This red brick church with mixed baroque and gothic Architecture was built in 1591 by Augustinians. Its bell tower that sits on a hill is separated few meters away from the church
kemisteryoso's Related Pages
Bantay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spiritual & historical visit to Bantay,Ilocos Sur"
- "Bantay: Vigan's beautiful neighbor"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bantay
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bantay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bantay
Photos in BantaySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 61 reviews, 153 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 42 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 40 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island Intro, 12 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues