"Caramoan Peninsula" Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan by kemisteryoso
Caramoan Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 464 photos
The weather wasn’t good but we agreed to continue our trip because everything was already laid and we don’t have time for it anymore because of work if we consider the reschedule.
It is a long rainy journey for us that started 7:30 PM in the evening. We travelled 8 hours to GOA through Raymond Transit. We wanted Isarog or Penafrancia but no available seat for the Comfortech, Lazyboy and Captain seats anymore.
Plane to Naga City is an option but the available flight schedule was 7:30 AM so we won’t be there at noon considering the 2 hours travel from Naga to Sabang port (gateway to Caramoan) and another 2 hours banca ride to Guijalo port.
At Sabang, we can see dark clouds threatening us from afar and this made me think twice but my travel buddies told me that we went this far just to back out. This is my first time to sail in an angry sea. I am nervous thinking about the 2 hours travel and made me sick when our rough wavy ride started.
Thanks God, we arrived safely at Guijalo port but welcomed by a very strong rain so we’re drenched in rain when we checked in at Rex Tourist Inn.
Because of the very bad weather our tour was limited. But at least we managed to see some like Bag-Ing, Sabitang-Laya, Lipata beach, the Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, St. Michael's Church and walked around the town in the middle of strong rain.
This place is great that is why it was chosen by many countries like France and Bulgaria as the main place for their SURVIVOR. It is actually the Number 1 tourist destination of 2009. Actually the town is facing a big problem on how to accommodate the massive influx of local and foreign guests. Accommodation is limited so better do reservations ahead of time.
Our Caramoan trip wasn’t perfect but It is the greatest, funniest and nerve cracking adventure I ever had.
Caramoan is a small town located in the Caramoan peninsula isolated from the rest of other towns of Camarines Sur. It is an underdevelop town blessed with beautiful islands, lush green mountains, great landscape, caves, waterfalls and nice beaches.
The town can also be reached by land but it will take forever and the travel isn’t safe. Travel by the sea is the most convenient and comfortable way to reach this Paradise.
The road to Caramoan Centro from Guijalo port is rough and lots of potholes and becomes okay as you approach the Centro. The town is very simple and so are the people. There is only one internet shop with slow connection and an ATM machine that is always offline so bring enough cash with you. Stores close very early so buy things you needed and wanted before dusk.
Caramoan is not a place for party people, not much night life except videoke but for the beach and nature lovers who loves adventure, this place is paradise.
Travel package per pax 2600
Raymond Transit (2x2 aircon bus) to GOA 729
GOA to Sabang port 10
Sabang Port to Guijalo Port 120
- Pros:untouched beaches
- Cons:Far and No ATM
- In a nutshell:Hidden Paradise
The bad weather hindered us from doing some more Island Hopping activity so Rex brought us to a secluded beach that did... more travel advice
If star gazing is not possible then try to sing. No fine bars or disco houses but if you want to have an nightlife then... more travel advice
kemisteryoso's Related Pages
Caramoan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caramoan's Unspoiled Beauty"
- "Caramoan Peninsula Paradise of Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan Peninsula"
- "A Paradise"
- "Wild wild Caramoan"
- "Caramoan, Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan: Philippine's Secret Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caramoan
- Hotels in Caramoan
- Transportation in Caramoan
- Nightlife in Caramoan
- Restaurants in Caramoan
- Shopping in Caramoan
- Warnings and Dangers in Caramoan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Caramoan
- 11 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Caramoan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caramoan
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 61 reviews, 153 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 42 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 40 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island Intro, 12 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues