"Wonders of Zambalez" Top 5 Page for this destination Pundaquit by kemisteryoso

Pundaquit Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 245 photos

After New year I decided to make this trip because I am not in the mood to work yet. It was sort of a treat for my coming birthday. In fact this trip is supposedly our next destination with my 2 travel buddies after Guimaras but never happened because of a typhoon and my one travel buddy can't travel anymore because of some personal reason. But it is okay with or without a company, I can travel.

San Antonio, the third town after Olongapo City and about 4 hours travel from Metro Manila is a perfect place to relax whether you come in groups or alone for photography or soul searching :). The place is very simple and not commercialized and on lean season it is indeed a tranquil place to relax. The water is so blue on a clear blue sky with a spectacular view of 2 small islands (Capones and Camara). It is new to the Philippines tourism industry because before it is not accessible.

I visited Camara Islands, Capones Islands and hiked to its old lighthouse and went to Anawanagin Cove after that. There are other coves to visit but like Nagsasa cove and Silanguin Cove but don't have time left to do that. Maybe next time.

This trip was so quick for me but I enjoyed every details of it.

This photo was taken at the top of Pundaquit Luxury Resort where I stayed. I really love the blue sea!

Anawangin Cove

Zambales is also famous for its coves and the most famous one is the Anawangin. It's very peaceful during my visit here coming from Capones island. There are no campers so it's not congested and it's very relaxing. I am a bit tipsy because of the 4 the 4 rounds of Gin I drank from Capones island with the Navies stationed there. The fine volcanic sand, the pines trees of the same height and the mountains together is a perfect scene you will enjoy.

Seeing this lighthouse id not an easy one but for me it worth the long hike. I had the chance to see the panoramic view around the island. Hiking alone can be scary but I did it. I even lied to 4 Philippine navies guarding the island just to get here. They found out that I lied on my way back and as a punishment I had 4 rounds of gin with them. I was tipsy and they accompanied me the other side of the island where my boat captain is waiting for me.
This lighthouse is maintained except the house and good Lord the spirit of the girl who fell in the well didn't welcome me :). I jumped out on one of the windows just to have a full picture of this lighthouse.

• Pros:Nice sunset and picturesque islands
  • Cons:expensive food
  • Last visit to Pundaquit: Jan 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 29, 2011

kemisteryoso

“Think not the fear... but the adventure.”

Badges & Stats in Pundaquit

Have you been to Pundaquit?

Latest Activity in Pundaquit