"Heritage City of Vigan" Vigan by kemisteryoso
Vigan Travel Guide: 417 reviews and 1,221 photos
This city is located on the north west of Luzon in the province of Ilocos Sur. Dominated by ilocanos like me.
It is a world heritage Site listed for its Spanish colonial architecture, cobblestone streets, culture and tradition. The fusion of European, Ilocano and Spanish architecture makes the whole city attractive.
Vigan was established in the 16th century and for me it is the best preserved and well maintained Spanish colonial town in the Philippines or in Asia if there’s any :). It is different among the towns of the Philippines because it preserves much of its spanish colonial identity so much.
Walking the cobblestone streets makes me feel that I was zapped back in time.
- Pros:the old vigan houses
It is about 80 hectares of gently rolling terrains, hills and mountain sides. It is like a zoo but interactive. Best if... more travel advice
kemisteryoso's Related Pages
Vigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "vigan if i can ..."
- "Vigan - that "Spanish" feel.."
- " Nostalgia at VIGAN"
- "Back to the 16th century Ilocos"
- "The oldest city north of the Philippines"
- "The Heritage City of Vigan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vigan
- Hotels in Vigan
- Transportation in Vigan
- Nightlife in Vigan
- Restaurants in Vigan
- Shopping in Vigan
- Warnings and Dangers in Vigan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vigan
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Vigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigan
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 61 reviews, 153 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 42 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 40 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island Intro, 12 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues