"What a Beautiful Place!" Gatlinburg by beachlvr0810

Gatlinburg Travel Guide: 389 reviews and 653 photos

A Fun Place To Go

My fiance and I spent our very first vacation together last April in Gatlinburg, TN. He had never been there and I wanted our first vacation to be away from the normal day to day grind here in VA. We stayed right in the middle of Gatlinburg, at Twin Islands Best Western. We were there for 5 nights and the desk clerk was kind enough to let us use the coupon price for our entire stay. Our first night was cold and rainy and there was a chance of snow. We threw on our coats and walked in the misty rain that night. It was so amazing...all the lights and streets tucked away in the mountains. We stopped at one of the cute fountains in the low lit area of the shop and shared a kiss in the misty rain that night...a memory I will never forget. Gatlinburg is a great place to go, whether it is a romantic getaway or a family vacation. We plan to go back again! The motel was ok except the walls were paper thin...we could hear the guy next door snoring every night. It is within walking distance of mostly everything if you like walking. To go to OberGatlinburg you'll have to drive up the street a little way to get the the parking lot unless you want to walk that far. I was just getting over bronchitis and I didn't want to walk the distance.

• Last visit to Gatlinburg: Apr 2008
  • Intro Written Mar 14, 2009

Comments

beachlvr0810

“Wherever the road leads...”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Gatlinburg

Have you been to Gatlinburg?

Latest Activity in Gatlinburg