"March-ing to Digha" Digha by roopanroy
Digha Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 200 photos
We had a hectic 2 day tour to Digha from 6th March to 8th March 2009. It was hectic because we got to spend each and every hour differently leaving aside sleep time of 6 hours a day.
We were lucky to be in midst of Digha beach festival . We went to digha on an hours decision. We reached on 6th March. And...Surprise of Surprise......
Digha beach festival started from 7th March. We got to see puppet show and nachiketa live in action. Great news and bonus for our trip
4 hours is enough to cover all the above mentioned places.
Do not take a cab from Digha Tourist resort. They charge Rs 300 per trip which is exorbitant. However the driver /guide Uttam was good and polite.
You can get a cab as cheap as Rs 150 per trip to might as well go by shared resources.
- Pros:Lots of Hotels and resturants, Good & Cheap conveyance, Ready to help people
- Cons:Dirty beachs, Boulders, No People @5:00am, Busy Roads, Lots of People, Need to bargain for shopping
- In a nutshell:Beach within Reach....
Its only Sea and Sea is what it has To take ur hearts away................ more travel advice
Digha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " Digha-Mandarmani Kolkata's Weekend gateway"
- "Digha !!"
- "Digha A sea beach near home"
- "At Mandarmani beach"
- "March-ing to Digha"
- "Digha on Sea"
- "Digha - The Most Popular Sea Beach Of West Bengal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Digha
- Hotels in Digha
- Transportation in Digha
- Nightlife in Digha
- Restaurants in Digha
- Shopping in Digha
- Warnings and Dangers in Digha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Digha
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Digha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Digha
No friends yet.